Featured Post

On sale now! A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Christ

Hey friends! It’s finally here. You can order your copy of my first published book. A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Chris...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Proverbs 22: Children Behave

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." Proverbs 22:15

I read a rather disturbing article today. It was a woman and her "partner" who had a son, but hid his gender from everyone, including him. He is currently 5 years old and his school made them reveal his gender. The parents in protest now dress him in the pants of the boy uniform and the blouse of the girl uniform.

WHAT!????  This is abhorring, unspeakable, ridiculous. Has our society gone so far that we are going to start sharing these horrible values with innocent children now. How do you think that child will grow up? This proves my point yet again that no one is born homosexual, but their environments clearly can have a strong influence. (BTW the "gay gene"research was retracted by those who initially released the research and has since been disproven).  I submit yet again that we all have capacity to choose based on our God given free will. Some may be predispositiioned strongly towards a certain lifestyle (children of alcoholics prone to alcoholism; children raised by same sex couples prone to homosexuality) but it is still their decision.

I hate that this little boy, was treated as gender neutral. This is scarring on a child. Sure if your kid wants to wear odd clothes once in awhile you can humor them. I played dress up like most other children once in awhile. But to deliberately choose to let a MALE child decide if HE wants to be MALE or FEMALE is ridiculous.

IT is a shame that these parents are going to be the ones answering to God someday for how they took care of "his little ones," and they are going to be at a loss for words.

Sure society puts expectations on children, and the gender issues have always plagued our society. But a male is a male and a female is a female. If they choose to swap that later in life by their own accord, it is still sin, but their decision. And lest anyone call me intolerant, I have stated many times before EVERYONE, including ME is guilty of sin and sin is equal in God's eyes.

I simply choose to discuss this because of how sickening I find it. Does that kid even realize what was happening? Probably not.

I hate how society now wants to be So politically correct they will go to these extremes. The verse above is true in regards to foolishness because up to a certain age, children will be products of their environment. Parents must use the "rod of correction" to instill correct, Godly behaviors in their kids. The earlier the better. Kids will be kids, but parents have the greatest responsibility of all to God. Maybe that's why we haven't had kids yet. I want kids, but I want to raise them right, and it seems so difficult nowadays.

I thank God for how I was raised. Pretty standard, but the exposure to church at an early age really helped. I have mentioned before though that I was not automatically a Christian just because we went to sunday school and church. I made that choice in my college years officially--and strongly leaned that direction before that as well.

This child, if they even remind him of what they did, will have to come to terms with the fact that God created Him as a Male. There is a purpose to that. It is not random, the Bible tells us that even while in the womb He has a plan and knows us: even before we are born. I pray that some influence in this child's life will keep him on the right path--maybe this situation will seem as crazy to him as it does to me someday and push him towards a better path.

I am not judging the homosexual lifestyle of his parents (though as stated before sin is sin). But I pray God will impress upon their hearts the ridiculousness of their behavior with their child. How will he function sexually someday? I'm sure they never told him that Males and females have different functions in that realm and different bodies accordingly.

Here is the link to the article, http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/couple-finally-reveals-childs-gender-five-years-birth-180300388.html -- If you guys see it I hope you will understand that this is unacceptable behavior. Children are precious to God, and parents are the Earthly means of raising them to honor God, their Heavenly father.

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." Luke 17:2-- I submit that this would apply to physical harm as well as emotional and mental harm to children.

"Then they were brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked him. But Jesus said, suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 19:13-15

Children are precious to God and parents are responsible for raising them properly. As sinful as our society has become I am still constantly surprised at the depraved lengths people will go to , to live how they see fit. We are all sinners in need of God's grace, and I do pray that this couple will be convicted of their behavior and repent to God. I pray that child is not predispositioned to any number of things this could lead him to, and that he is able to lead a normal MALE childhood from this point on.

Jesus loves the little children, let's try to raise them responsibly friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment