Featured Post

On sale now! A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Christ

Hey friends! It’s finally here. You can order your copy of my first published book. A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Chris...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Proverbs 17: Loose Lips Sink Ships

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -Proverbs 17:28

Sometimes we just need to stoP talking. I'm sure we've all been there when someone or even ourselves says something too much. I wrote a blog awhile back about my 70% rule. I was told that in some cases if I stopped my stories at 70%, they would always be great. Instead I hit the high point and them go one step too far and ruin them. It was said in jest, but there is a ring of truth there.

The old adage 'loose lips sink ships' is particularly applicable now when anyone with a computer can post whatever they are thinking for all to see.

I try to keep my Facebook statuses interesting or informative, but every once in awhile I'll post something without thinking and it becomes an issue. Where I am at now spiritually I would like to just post relevant spiritual truth or updates on how life is going.

Let us remember that not everything we are thinking needs to be said out loud (or posted). It's weird because now we all know everything about everyone it seems. I know more about people I don't talk to from their posts than I might have ever known speaking to them in person.

The Bible says for us to be careful with words. Let us all think a little more before we speak.

He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. -Proverbs 17:27

No comments:

Post a Comment