Featured Post

On sale now! A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Christ

Hey friends! It’s finally here. You can order your copy of my first published book. A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Chris...

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cuando tú no estas aqui...



For the first time since we have been married, Juliet and I are not in the same location. Well, she did make a short trip to Georgia back in the first year, but otherwise, we have essentially seen each other every night of our marriage.

She went down for a visit to Mexico to see her family and take care of some things, and I get to hang up here in the states and work....someone wins more in that deal.

I've switched my diet back to college bachelor (buffalo wings, frozen pizza and soda), so that's doing wonders for me I assure you. You know you are aging when the foods which caused you to lose weight in college, suddenly give you heartburn and an overall since of...well what I can only describe as blah feeling. Got a salad for work tonight to offset some of the damage I've done in the past few days.

It's also a time that I am using to catch up on some movies that I've missed for one reason or another. And, much like how it happened when she was in Georgia, or gone for any other length of time before, I miss her.

Our relationship has an element of understanding each other without necessarily speaking all the time. I know she's in Mexico, enjoying time with family, checking on health and generally re-booting herself after working hard the past few years up here. Still, I feel like talking to her now. The puppies miss her because if I say "mama" they get all excited like she's coming through the door any minute. I've avoided that word to not get them worked up, and they do ok with just "daddy" for now.

It's weird because when we dated, I was calling her non-stop (to the point of annoyance). I was also less secure at that time in the relationship, so that played a part. We are strong enough in our marriage that I don't need to sit around worrying about her all the time, but I do still think about her a lot when we aren't together.

Maybe it's because we are each other's only friends these days. My old friends have fallen away for one reason or another, and hers as well. We spend a good portion of time lounging together. I'm guessing it's for this reason that the house feels pretty empty without her there. I'm alone with my thoughts for a good portion of the day. I've been working this week, so during most days I'm asleep, which helps. This weekend will be the time to fully entertain myself.

I thought about going to Oklahoma or even Mexico, but with the driving I'll have to do next week when I pick her up, we will have used so much gas in the past month that we could've bought our own station.

I'm thinking I'm going to pay my Jubilee family a visit tomorrow for church familiarity, and maybe catch a movie on the way home since the theater my gift cards work at is on the way home from the church. Otherwise, I'm hoping to chat with Juliet a bit on Facetime so she can see her puppies, and I can get in some quality talk time.

Reflective as I may seem, I can't deny that to an extent, the freedom to eat badly and watch a bunch of movies does have its appeal to my baser instinct. Still, without Juliet to share the laughs and the love, I'll be missing a piece of me until she gets back next week.

Ahh...love....



No comments:

Post a Comment