Featured Post

On sale now! A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Christ

Hey friends! It’s finally here. You can order your copy of my first published book. A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Chris...

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Blogger's Year

Well friends, the year 2012 is about to close and the blog seems to be doing well. I began this blog simply as a way to express my thoughts in an open forum. When I began with my Proverbs a day blog set in January, I had no idea I would have even one person read, let alone 3200 (where it stands right now).

I hope that what is posted here has been a blessing. I certainly didn't expect it to be filled with so much Christian insight, but I am happy that is how it turned out. I am not a preacher or scholar or even that wonderful of a Christian, but I feel much of what has been posted, was Holy Spirit led. I sought (in most instances) to pray before typing a Christian-themed blog (some are general themes), so that the words of the blog could be a means of blessing those who read.

Whatever your relationship to the "Straight Shootin'" blog this year, I hope it has been positive. I will continue to write as I feel led, or as topics present themselves in the coming year. It is mostly an informal process in deciding when and how to post, so stay tuned or bookmark it for reference.

For fun, I will list the stats for the most viewed posts of the year, and include links (or titles) to my personal favorites. If you haven't had a chance to explore the posts yet, I hope you will take some time to explore them.

Thanks to God and to friends and family who have support me in this endeavor.


Most Viewed Posts of the Year
Facebook Friendship and How to Maintain It- 96 Views
No Other Name- 82 Views
Pay Attention for Retention- 66 Views
No Refutation for Creation- 50 Views
Worship God and Prosper?- 46 Views


My Personal Favorite Blogs of the Year (in no Particular order)
Pay Attention for Retention
No Refutation for Creation
No Other Name
1- 2- 3- 4, I Declare Taco War!
Facebook Friendship and How to Maintain It
What a Friend We Have...
Sanctification Station, from "What I Believe," by Chris Byers
Belief in a Family of Unbelief
Did It Really Happen?
Waffle Fries are Not Anti-Anything

These can all be viewed from the main blog page by checking the list on the right which is listed by Date.

May God bless you all in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment