Featured Post

On sale now! A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Christ

Hey friends! It’s finally here. You can order your copy of my first published book. A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Chris...

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Why I Blog...

When I set out to start writing this blog, I had multiple ideas in mind. In part I had my mom's great example and wanted to partially mirror that type of content (http://laughingwithleeann.blogspot.com). I also wanted a way to speak my mind and thoughts without a comment section for backlash if it didn't sit well. Ultimately, I wanted it to be an open forum for myself to encourage others, or maybe just me really.

As I read back, I see that it has taken on a decidedly Christian tone, and I am actually quite pleased with that. I understand sometimes it comes off as less than readable with the multi-paragraph/page format that is more suitable to a college research paper.

In a way, I like that though. The people who really want to get something out of it, or strengthen their faith, or even just open themselves up to my worldview, will be willing to read through the whole thing, and take insight (I hope).

I like where it has come to this point. I have no real idea as to where it will be going. Ideally, I'd like to compile some of the more relevant Christian posts in to a book or journal format and proofread them for possible publishing. I'm not sure I've got the writing talent to pull that off. I certainly only have God for my credential, as I hold no religious doctorate or pastoral position. My minor in religious studies from OSU may hold some credit, as I took all the available religion classes at the time (though only one great guy taught them all).

If anyone out there finds these a blessing or a benefit, I am thankful for that. In this format, I really mean for the focus to be on just letting my thoughts flow. They come out in the tone that they do because I generally don't edit or censor initially. I think maybe only one or two posts have been majorly adjusted. I like to let the writing and thought process move on its own without interfering much. Some of the posts that I checked back with the least ended up being the most read, so I'm hoping deep down somewhere is a hint of writing talent. I'd certainly like to pursue that in some avenue if so.

For now, enjoy what's available, and don't forget to check back into last year's posts as there are definitely some goodies. Stay tuned, hopefully I'll say something interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment