Featured Post

On sale now! A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Christ

Hey friends! It’s finally here. You can order your copy of my first published book. A Dangerous Faith: Counting the Cost of a Life for Chris...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Life's Timeline

I was editing my Facebook Timeline for its debut today, when I realized that this timeline could be a good metaphor of my life timeline. We will all stand to give account to our creator someday, and He will have our life timeline, there to see, each and everything we've done during our life. The posts will likely vary from spiritually sound posts to overcome by anger posts.

I spent some time today deleting mostly random posts with no point from individuals I haven't spoken to in years. I highlighted some of my favorite life moments to 'feature' on my timeline.

Facebook gives you 7 days to edit your posts before it is revealed for all to see. The Bible says that even some believers' works will be burned away---wasted/idle time---things we've done even after being saved that were of no good. The good thing is, as believers in Christ, we have the great Delete button (hear me out).

We don't know how many days God has established for us to edit our life timeline before it is revealed. I truly hope that it is many years before any of you are called to present your life before God (Stick around I like you). The simple truth is though that it is appointed that all men (and women) should die. And when that day comes, our Timeline will be revealed..our works exposed to a Just Creator who we are accountable to.

For Believers, we have the great delete Button, Jesus. We need only ask (click) and He will take away our angry posts, our shameful posts, our hurtful posts. He will Feature our happy moments, our life events, our service for the kingdom. Sadly, not everyone will have the 'delete' feature available.

My prayer to you friends, is that you find faith in the one who can edit your posts before it is too late. Once standing before God, if the great mediator Christ was not there to delete your sinful posts (sins) and forgive you, you will have no excuse. It is sad, but true.

I have many posts I need covered throughout my timeline. I know Christ has hidden and deleted them so that on my day of account to my Lord, I will be able to 'Feature' my entire life, laid out as an offering. I will hear Him say, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

May you all be able to say the same. Blessings this holiday season--edit those timelines--while it is an option. And may the peace which transcends understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (the Great Delete Button).

No comments:

Post a Comment